Maxus X is a 3rd generation management & control system designed for underground rail bound equipment. It is a high-end multifunctional man-machine interface that provides critical information in a simple manner to a vehicle operator. The unit controls all aspects around the operation of underground locomotives. The unit is configurable and expandable allowing upgrades a minimal cost. The unit is an upgrade to our current proven MAXUS system that is fitted on more than 1500 trains.
Maxus integrates with the range of TITAN products to ensure compatibility for proximity detection as well as other ancillary equipment.
- Simple user interface with 7″ color LCD and vandal proof buttons.
- Fail to safe remote control from guard car on handheld for rail bound equipment
- Integrated LF transmitter for operator exclusion in PDS mode
- LCD back light control for day/night operation
- Configurable buzzer for audio warnings
- Rugged design with IP67 enclosure for high vibration as well as hot and humid conditions.
- Proximity detection (Collision avoidance) – Please see our PDS section for more detail:
- Rail bound equipment to rail bound equipment
- Vehicle to rail bound equipment
- Rail bound equipment to static hazard
- Operator license management.
- Safety interlocks (Door switches, dead man switch, seat switches etc.)
- Speed monitoring with configurable zones.
- Configurable pre-use tests
- Automated light switching
- Automated static brake test
- Automated dynamic break test
- Data logging, with expandable memory, of all events.
- Wi-fi for reporting (See reporting services)
- Service Counters
- Utilization counters
- Pull away siren
- Reverse siren
- In field firmware updates