ICON 3 IGBT-Controller
A Solid State DC Motor Controller based on the IGBT Power.
Semiconductor Technology, utilizing Microprocessor Control Technology to control the main IGBT power semiconductor.
The ICON 3 contains a unique CAN BUS Data Communication feature for improving control reliability.
- Upgradable to incorporate a PROXIMITY DETECTION SYSTEM (PDS).
- Full remote capabilities for the “New Era” front driven train concept.
The simplified modular concept now comprises a programmable control computer (Logic), IGBT Power Module, a new generation “Pot-block” drivers control handle, a new generation Battery Electric “Driver Interface”, Mechanical Brake Interface and Auto Light Switching Interface.
SANS 1809:2012 compliant (Fail-safe underground mine locomotive control systems).
- IGBT Power Semiconductor Technology
- Remote Controllable
- Electric braking – Emergency braking | Controlled resistive braking | Neutral braking
- SEMB – Stored Energy Mechanical Brake
INTERFACE AND MONITORING
- Speed limiter
- Safety control handle with return to neutral
- Vigilance control
- Auto shut-down
- Emergency “stop” latching push button
- Access control (Smart card)
- Stall protection
- “Thermal” overload protection
- Operator interface with fault indication
- Earth fault protection (di/dt)
- Isolated power supply
- Jogging prevention
- Voltage Range 60 to 400Vdc
- Battery over-discharge protection @ 80% of discharge
- Housing 3CR12 corrosion resistant steel
- “Pre-use” diagnostics
- In-circuit programming
- Modular construction
- Single and dual locomotive control