CARD READER SYSTEMS
The Cardreader is an intelligent RFID access control device. Its original design was to allow underground locomotive drivers to access their equipment by means of a 13.5 MHz Mifare 4K Passive smart card. Cardreader-002 is the second generation of this system.
Some updates to the system were done to give the user even more control and connectivity. Some of these updates are:
- Addition of CAN bus.
- Addition of Hot card list.
- Addition of Wi-Fi.
- Service interval function.
- Site codes and Machine types.
- License card user name.
- Warning date.
- Expiry date.
- Present to activate time function.
- The Reader Unit compares the following to the license card to perform different license limitations:
- License type – Defines the user license i.e. Engineer, Foreman, Electrician, Driver or Temporary card holder.
- Customer code – Unique to individual customer.
- Site code – Specifies the site/work area at which the unit is used and user my access.
- Machine type – Defines the type of machine the reader unit is installed on.
- Unit ID – Limits the user to only access a certain amount of machines of same type
- Service intervals – Can be enabled to ensure servicing of equipment.
- Warning date – A warn limit provided to ensure that the user renew the license before the Expiry date.
- Expiry date – Expiry date must be set on license card, if license is not renewed the unit will not allow access to this user any more.
Card Reader System provides two types of Data logs:
- Valid Transactions on Unit Last 20 transactions with time stamps and usage time.
- Invalid Transitions on Unit Last 20 transactions with time stamps and reason for no access.
- Valid Transitions on Card – Last 7 Units the card was used on and had access.>
- Invalid Transitions on Card – Last 7 Units the card was used on and had no access.